Seeking an Accounting Bookkeeper for a busy company in Albany. The position requires an individual to have experience with A/R and A/P entries, journal entries Payable's and payroll. The position is full time M-F and salary will dependent on experience.
Responsibilities Include but are NOT Limited to:
- Processing payroll: verifying time sheets, processing payroll changes, calculating employee reimbursements, entering payroll data, distributing employee checks and running reports.
- Knowledge and ability to perform Certified Payrolls and Process Union Employees Pay and Benefits.
- Processing accounts payable, which includes reviewing invoices for accuracy, coding to proper General Ledger accounts, data entry of invoices, vendor maintenance, and distribution of accounts payable checks.
- Experience handling balance sheets, trial balances, month end reporting and financial packaging.
- Accounts Payable & Receivable.
- Data Entry of accounts payable on a daily basis
- Billings included but not limited to AIA Format, Invoicing and Vouchers
- Job Costing and Billing.
- Bank, Payroll and Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Month End Procedures.
- Perform such other duties that may from time to time be deemed necessary.
- Ensuring all invoices are paid on time.
- Covering phones and serving as receptionist.
- Maintaining office supplies and interacting with vendors.
- Accurate and quick data entry skills.
- Able to identify anomalies in data.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technology such as printers and copiers.
- Ability to keep office organized and running smoothly.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently when necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self Starter
- Courteously and effectively provide customer service and answering phones.
- Proactive team player.
- Overall day-to-day management of financial reporting accuracy and on-time processing of client information
- Review of G/L for any missing transactions and overall accuracy
- Reconcile subsidiary account to controls.
- Preparation of initial/draft Management Reporting Package each month
- Help clients with various related issues they are confronted with.
- Processing of vendor bills and credit card transactions
- W-9 administration
- Monthly draft 1099 vendor report preparation
- Sales Tax Filing
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Positive communication skills as contact with clients and others will be extensive and ongoing.
- Ability to handle multiple-assignments
- An understanding of accrual basis accounting
- Experience troubleshooting problems, finding and implementing solutions
- Be able to juggle a variety of tasks
Education / Experience Requirements:
- SAGE 300 (Timberline) Construction and Real Estate Experience a MUST. Also must be proficient in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Preferred candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Associate or Bachelor degree in accounting or business administration or a closely related field, combination of personal experience may also be considered
- Valid NYS Driver's License and reliable vehicle required
- Ability to complete training and background checks as required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour