Seeking a full time experienced Construction Estimator. Should be experienced with Residential Construction (new builds and remodeling) estimations and be able to both read plans and do tape offs.
The estimating program currently being used is Plan Swift.
- Preparing cost estimates at various stages of design from schematic and budget to detailed take-off and pricing.
- Participating in project meetings, reviewing schedules, and preparing reports.
- Building and maintaining healthy and long-term relationships with vendors, clients, and other project managers.
- Performing complex analysis of collected data and metrics.
- Visiting sites, warehouses, and other venues necessary in order to do estimates.
- Collecting and analyzing data by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and other related documents.
- Managing incoming and outgoing blueprint drawings, and creating and maintaining appropriate logs for all construction projects.
- Negotiating construction prices with subcontractors for competitive bidding.
- Communicating with architects, engineers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors efficiently; and preparing economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
The position is full time and the salary will be 50k - 70k/yr, dependent on experience and knowledge/ skills set.