Seeking experienced direct hire Maintenance Technicians for a busy manufacturing company in Scotia.
· Minimum of 2 years maintenance or operator experience in a manufacturing environment
· Mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
· Prefer vocational training or a degree in a technical field
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, complete changeovers and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
· Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
· Ensure production equipment in assigned departments is performing to standard expectations and maximizes up-time.
· Provide guidance to packers in assigned work area with the goal of hitting production efficiencies while maintaining quality standards.
· Ability to perform changeover product types on various equipment from good part to good part.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
· Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
· Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
· Occasionally may need to perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications:
Communication proficiency, critical thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities, able to effectively operate in a fast paced complex environment, mechanical aptitude, general knowledge of electronics, results driven
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour