Seeking a Crew Chief with experience in boundary & topographic surveys. Expert knowledge of use of Data Collectors & Total Stations required. Must be willing to travel, be motivated, and have the ability to lead a crew. Salary will be based on experience and will be between $20-26/hr.
Associates Degree or equivalent from 2-year college w/ three (3+) plus years experience or equivalent combination.
• Prepare, practice and execute all Health and Safety Procedures, for self and all employees under his/her supervision
• Expertly perform all duties of all lower classifications, and instruct in any or all duties and requirements of Instrument Operator
• Have a full working knowledge of Boundary Law
• Direct Instrument Operator engaged in making field surveys, using survey notes, maps, deeds, plots and plats, property lines, subdivision monuments, etc.
• Verify accuracy of measurements of survey crew; keep accurate records, notes, and sketches of work performed
• Secure information from Public Corporations, Government Agencies, and other surveyors including deed research
• Endeavor to promote quality field standards.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Position requires standing and walking over varied terrain for extensive periods of time, sometimes under stressful conditions. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $26.00 /hour